It appears that OU softball under Patty Gasso won’t miss a beat going forward. Patty Gasso will combine a solid group of returning starters with a boat load of new talent.
Here’s the good news…
- Taylon Snow, a shortstop from Auburn has transferred to OU. Basically, she will replace Cayleigh Clifton in one form or another in the lineup. With All-World shortstop Grace Lyons back, this may be the best middle infield combination in the country.
- Giselle Juarez is only going to get better in the circle and now we have Brooke Vestal, the ace pitcher from last year’s recruiting class joining her. This combo could be lethal next year.
- Mariah Lopez has found a home at Arizona. Coach Mike Candrea has a great reputation. This is a win-win situation for everyone.
- In this year’s 2019 recruiting class, Patty is bringing in Kinzie Hansen, America’s top player for this year. FloSoftball also ranks this group as the # 3 recruiting class the country.
- Looking ahead, Patty has secured commitments from Class of 2020 players that ranks OU #1 in the country according to FloSoftball.
- For the Class of 2021, OU already has commitments from the # 7 and # 14 ranked recruits.
- Savannah Geurin, the top ranked pitcher from the Class of 2022 has committed to OU.
- Finally, Patty Gasso just picked up a commitment from Leah McAnally for the Class of 2023. The Moore catcher was an 8th grader last year.